1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D:/ cdr

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blulight58, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blulight58

blulight58 Thread Starter

Hello: I don't know a whole lot about computers so please bear with me. I tried to install a new printer and found out my D: drive was inaccessable (moved or removed). Ive looked for in every way I know and it doesn't seem to be there at all. It used to be because I've used it before. Any ideas on how to get it back?

Thanks for all replies.
    Blu

2. RandyG

RandyG

I replied to you at http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60017

Try to only post one thread per topic, as someone might answer you in one, and someone else in another, and it makes it very confusing.

This forum is much better suited to your question than the Other software forum, so I will copy to here what I said in your other post.

"Double click on "My Computer" and see what your CD-Rom is designated as. It will look similar to your Floppy icon and Hard drive icon, but will have a CD above it. If it is not there, then go to Control Panel, double-click System, select Device Manager tab at the top, and click the + sign to the left of CDROM. What is displayed there? Do you see any ? or ! symbols in there?

Come back to us with this info, as well as what Operating System you are using. Is this a CD-Rom, DVD, or CD-Writer?"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice