1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D drive can`t find disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rushton, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rushton

rushton Thread Starter

A while ago I burned some photos to cd, the burn was successful as I have viewed them several times, the problem is now the D drive tells me there is no disk in the D drive and when I look on properties at the CD in the drive it tells me it`s empty ? This happens on the two computers that we have
    Any ideas on how I can get the photos back ?

2. Specsnow

Specsnow

Hi there,

Does this problem happen for all CDs, or just this one specifically? If it's all of them, then you'd need to replace your CD drive, which is fairly inexpensive and simple. If it is just that one CD, I'd say that the data on the CD is corrupt. The disk could have been scratched, or put into the path of a magnetic field such as a magnet or a microwave oven. If that is the case, then the data cannot be recovered, unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

3. rushton

rushton Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply, it is only the one cd that is not recognized, it does not look like it`s scratched and it has not as far as I know been left by microwave, when I look at properties it tells me, used no bytes, unused no bytes ?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Did you use something like INCD to burn the files or did you make a simple data disk?

5. rushton

rushton Thread Starter

as far as i can remember i used nero but as it was 2 years ago, i can`t remember

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you used nero INCD, then the disk is NOT readable on any drive unless you install INCD or the reader.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755607

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice