'D' Drive has disappeared after installing Nero 9 & Tune up!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silcoj

I already had trial Nero 8 installed on my pc and recently purchased nero 9 with Tune up trial. Since installing this my pc has been having major problems. On start up fujitsu loads but it takes 15 minutes for windows to boot and hit the password screen. I have also lost my D drive completely and my quesdtion to you guys is, if i restore back to factory settings, I am assuming I will have to restore all partitions as I originally had 3 on my pc i.e. c, d, & e, will this solve my problem? On start up it continually comes up with checking file system D and then goes on to tell me that it is deleting corrupt attribute but then says windows cannot delete it? Sorry guys but any help you can give will be much appreciated. Thank you!

crjdriver

Why not just uninstall nero and do a system restore to a date before you installed nero?

Yes, if you do a restore using the restore partition, it puts it back the way it was when you purchased the system.

FWIW I liked nero back in the nero 6 days. Now it is just bloated. There are free apps that do a better job such as CDburnerXP.

silcoj

crjdriver - Many thanks for your kind response. Unfortunately,I had a problem doing a system restore so from previous advice, I went & unticked my system restore, rebooted and then ticked it again but nas you know once I did this, I lost all previous restore points. Anyway, since posting my problem today, I have carried out a full system recovery and although it has solved my windows problem, it has completely lost a driver somewhere i.e. my e drive has renamed itself to d drive and my e drive has now renamed to f drive etc., Its a nightmare and I have now decided to pass it onto a 'pro' so thank you once again. I would be interested to know if and how you can recover a lost drive,would it be through BIOS or MS dos? Probably neither but I am really baffled as to how this drive has disappeared. Thank you!

crjdriver

If it is just the drive letter, that is very simple to fix. You can assign any letter you want to any drive with the exception of the system drive [ie the one on which windows is installed]

Start>run and type in "diskmgmt.msc" without quotes and hit enter. This brings up the disk management console. From there you can assign whatever letter you want to whatever drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts