1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D Drive Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by thedove, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedove

thedove Thread Starter

My D drive is completely full and slowing down my computer. I get a regular error message that "factory image D drive" maxed out. There is no free space and I have no idea how to clean the folder. The files within were not put in by me (factory image) therefore I don't know which ones to delete or if I can delete all.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 6133 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 702247 MB, Free - 557879 MB; D: Total - 13154 MB, Free - 7 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia, 1.01, MS1C94R41203436
    Antivirus: CA Anti-Virus Plus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi and Welcome to TSG,
    I had the same problem on my Vista I found that System Restore points were being created in both 'C' and 'D' (recovery). I stopped System Restore to clear out all old restore points and then changed System Restore to save on 'C' only. That solved it for me.
    Hope that helps?

If not see what else is suggested.

Richard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice