D Drive Issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thedove

My D drive is completely full and slowing down my computer. I get a regular error message that "factory image D drive" maxed out. There is no free space and I have no idea how to clean the folder. The files within were not put in by me (factory image) therefore I don't know which ones to delete or if I can delete all.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6133 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 702247 MB, Free - 557879 MB; D: Total - 13154 MB, Free - 7 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Benicia, 1.01, MS1C94R41203436
Antivirus: CA Anti-Virus Plus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi and Welcome to TSG,
I had the same problem on my Vista I found that System Restore points were being created in both 'C' and 'D' (recovery). I stopped System Restore to clear out all old restore points and then changed System Restore to save on 'C' only. That solved it for me.
Hope that helps?

If not see what else is suggested.

Richard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts