1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D drive missing, not on device manager?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by K'Mort, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'Mort

K'Mort Thread Starter

Hi,
    Problem started when my PC was locking in hybernate mode. Did some research and fixed that by reseating the RAM cards, also removed and refitted battery. I have now lost my D drive? It was replaced with a 3/12 floppy drive but now that has even gone.

I have updated BIOS, checked connections to DVD drive and M'board, done the regedit thing, however i had no high level only low?
    It also does not list the drive in the device manager (or my computer). The D drive was working fine before hand. I have tried to reinstall the driver by downloading it off the net but when i go to install i get a message "ATAPI device can not be found" this is then getting a bit out of my league :eek:

The Disc drive spins up when you put a disc in but seems the PC is just not recognising the drive is even there? (LG - GSA - H55N).
    I will tripple check the connections again now but if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS.

2. K'Mort

K'Mort Thread Starter

checked connections again and they seem fine ?????

3. K'Mort

K'Mort Thread Starter

I know there are other threads on this kinda thing, and i have read and tried em all. So if anyone has any other ideas feel free to type them down for me.....pleeease.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice