D Drives dont work!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VMattyV

So I have a NEC DVD Burner and a SONY regular CD drive. First thing is the NEC DVD Burner. I just built the computer and like before windows starts up this drive works and opens and everything. But when right now as im typing this, I press the button and it does nothing. And the regular Sony drive has been working the whole time untill recently when I put a CD in to install something, there was no D Drive. Please Help!

Building a computer from scratch can be quite frustrating.

Have you checked the jumpers on the back of the drives? You could set the CD and DVD drives' jumpers to "CS" (for cable select). If that doesn't work, set jumper on the drive on the end of the cable to "Master" and the other drive jumper to "slave". First, you will have to power-down your computer and detach the drives from their mountings before you can access the jumpers. There should be a label on the top of each drive showing the various jumper settings.

VMattyV

Im pretty sure my friend did try that. But I just reset my computer and it loads the motherboard screen and then it shows a little blinking thing on like the top of the screen, it did this before when it was working. But now it wont go off of this screen. Im posting this from my friends house now. I think it might be the power supply because im using the crappy one that came with the case. Im gonna go buy another one tommorow.

Have you looked into the BIOS drive assignments? Does Device Manager show both drives being present and operating correctly? It's best to have an experienced mentor when you assemble a computer for the first time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online