1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

`D` is not accessable...man I hate this old pc.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by enforcer911, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enforcer911

enforcer911 Thread Starter

I got the files and drivers for this hival cam..but cant get my `D` drive to activate..Is like my Cd rom is not reading the instruction disk for the webcam..Crap.......I`m so close...I went to the add/hardware crap too..no dice...and my CD rom has no problem as far as the status on it says...what gives...how do you boot or do something to get this `d -crap working..

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

I'm assuming the D drive is your CD-ROM drive?

How old is your PC? Perhaps a little compressed air in there will clear things up, might just be some dust buildup.

Can you read other CDs in the D drive?

If all else fails, a replacement CD-rom drive isn't much. :)

3. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

Check Device manager and see if you have conflicts there. If you have the device drivers for this cd-rom you may want to unistall and reinstall. Also it just maybe bad but windows still reads it as working fine. Try booting into safe mode and see if you have more that one CD-Rom in your Device manager there. Post back with your finds B)

4. enforcer911

enforcer911 Thread Starter

man theres only 1 drivers for the cd-rom but as far as for this imagining device webcam from hival.it sucks.and none of them will detect crap.I got the regular microsoft cd-rom CDU-511..Theres nothing better then what I got now..win98.Even microsoft couldn`t solve this..I`m lucky I had 2 incedent left on this win98.

In anycase thanks.I`m gonna try to get a pen-4..pen 1 stinks..but It still works pretty good on comcast.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!