1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D.(John) Price

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Djprice, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djprice

Djprice Thread Starter

I have a Canon i550 printer which has given me very good service, however, recently it has started printing a darker strip approx.15 Mm. wide at the start of every photo that I print, ruining the finished product. The rest of the picture is quite acceptable. Can any one help with this problem, and is this printer worth trying to repair! I have checked the price of servicing, and frankly I feel that it would be cheaper to buy a new unit if it took more than 1/2 hr. to fix !!
    John Price:( :(

2. gurutech

gurutech

Sounds like it needs a good cleaning...

3. Djprice

Djprice Thread Starter

Thank you for your advice "Gurutech" but so far it seems to have had no effect! presumed that by 'Clean" you meant a good interior clean with the small vacuum brush, this I did, also uninstalled and reinstalled, aligned and cleaned print heads etc, all to no avail, strangely though, it only happens when I print a photo to glossyphoto paper, perfect results on plain paper! Strange !! John Price

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/532329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice