1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-link 524up printserver problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by torturedsoul, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. torturedsoul

torturedsoul Thread Starter

Hello everybody,

I have one question.I recently purchased the di-524up router,it has a usb port,so you can use it as a printserver,which actually works just great.

my problem/question is: if i have a printer with scanner incorporated ,can i use the scanner feature through the router? is there some sort of tweak on the scanner's drivers to detect it through the router?
    Best regards

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If you can't find anything about such support in the router's or printer/scanner's user manuals or specifications I highly doubt it. I think that there are now some scanner/print server combinations that work, but they are few in number.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Forget about the scanner working through that device! If you really want a networked scanner, buy a multi-function printer with built-in Ethernet. I have the HP PhotoSmart C7280, and the scanner works from any machine on the network.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/716519