d-link airplus G630

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LukusWesley

Hi guys,

I have a weird situation here. I have always used my d-link airplus G630 to connect to the net on my laptop. Recently I restored my laptop and when I tried to use my card to connect to the net, the computer wouldn't recognize it??? Weird huh. I have another d-link card but isn't wireless. I put that one in and computer recognized it just fine so I know it isn't my slot. Thats really weird. I put the d-link airplus in another laptop and the other laptop recognized it perfectly. Why would it recognize it in one laptop and not the other?

If anyone has any suggestion for me, that would be greatly appreciated. Like I said once again.... I know the slot on the laptop works just fine, and I know the card works fine, but for some reason windows won't recognize it on one laptop.

** Oh yes, when I put in the card, you know it usually makes a two tone sound cause of plug-n-play. Well when I put in the card it just makes a one tone sound (*telling me card is invalid or something, who knows!) Thank you again for your help!!!!

etaf

Wayne
Have you re-installed the drivers for the device??
have a look in device manager and see if there is a ? or ! against it

start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

look under network adaptors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts