1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-Link DFE-530TX Fast Ethernet Adapter not working!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dukahonamoku, Aug 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dukahonamoku

Dukahonamoku Thread Starter

-----------------
    System Specs -
    800Mhz AMD Duron CPU
    GA-7ZX Socket A Motherboard (VIA KT133 Chipset)
    D-Link DFE-530TX Fast Ethernet Adapter
    256MB PC133
    30GB 7200RPM Maxtor Drive
    TNT 16MB Video Adapter
    Windows 98 (fresh install from the CD, no updates)
    ------------------
    I recently put this computer together. After I installed Windows 98 the network was working fine, i had IPX, TCP/IP, Client for MS Networks, File and Printer Sharing and all were working fine. Then I installed Windows 2000 and after about 4 hours of working great, it claimed that the ethernet cable was not plugged in, which i've made very certain that it is. The green light is on meaning that the NIC is reciveing at 100Mb/sec, but the OS refuses to belive that the cable is in. I re-formatted and re-installed Windows 98, but it's still having the same problem. Don't advise me to wiggle the cable, i've done that. Thanks for any help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/49854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice