1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N Router Cannot be connected to by Apple TV

Discussion in 'Networking' started by hgiff198, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hgiff198

hgiff198 Thread Starter

Hi I recently purchased the Wireless N D-Link Router DIR-615. After a few hiccups the router works with all of our computers, blackberry's, wireless printer and Ipod touch's however my Apple TV 1G will not connect to the network.

The Apple TV will just give the error code -6 after the password for the network has been entered.

I double checked that the password for the router is only WEP 10 hex digits and that it is correct
    Unplugged the Apple TV and replugged it in.

I have tried reseting the Apple TV to the factory settings and using the DHCP Reservation in the network settings of the router and manually configuring the TC/IP settings on the Apple TV (Not quite sure what I am doing with this though so put everything back). I have also tried switching the 802.11 settings on the router to all of the available options and nothing is working.

The Apple TV worked just fine on our old router which was a Linksys compact wireless-g broadband router WRT54GC

I would really appreciate any help on this, Thanks

2. hgiff198

hgiff198 Thread Starter

Also the Apple TV will connect to a open WI-FI network in the area that has no password

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    will it connect to the new router with no wireless security ?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's important to get the latest firmware for that router. The shipping version is not good. After updating reset to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    heres a site for the firmware http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=DIR-615
    BUT as
    There are multiple revisions of the DIR-615, each with revision specific drivers, firmware, installation guides, and other resources. - you need to identify the revision level

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice