1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-Link DIR 625 (Error 109: "Internal Error").

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Neil45, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Neil45

Neil45 Thread Starter

I just bought a new D-Link router today. Everytime I try and install the router, it won't go past "restarting network." I always get the "Error 109 internal error", what is that mean? I set it up exactly like it said but it won't go past restart network. What is wrong and how can I fix this error?

2. kyle7119@juno

[email protected] Banned

In short, D-Link's products are trash. Last year, I bought a D-Link PCMCIA wireless internet card which quit working after a month or two. I sent the card in to get a replacement. The replacement lasted a few more months before dying. Your problem might be defective hardware. I would return this product and buy another one that is NOT D-Link. Remember, you get what you pay for.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Let's start with an alternative opinion. D-Link has plenty of good products, and I don't know anything bad about this particular router.

First off, you don't need any software to install a broadband router, that's probably the first problem.

Let's try to get a basic setup running with a wired connection.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
    • Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
    • Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
    • Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
    • Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
    • Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

4. Neil45

Neil45 Thread Starter

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : (keeping this a secret)

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-D0-09-D4-7E-29
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 70.66.95.241
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 70.66.92.1
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.59.160.13

5. JohnWill

That's a public IP address, so you didn't get that if you followed my instructions, that's a direct modem connection.

6. Neil45

Neil45 Thread Starter

I did the wiring wrong. I did it correctly this time, and this is what I get:

I was able to access my router page where I set up an SSID (network) name and network key. However, on my laptop, I cannnot access the internet although my wireless network says I'm connected.

7. JohnWill

First step, can you access the Internet using a wired connection?

If so, first configure the wireless with NO encryption and NO MAC filtering, and see if you can connect that way. Next, I'd configure WPA encryption and see if you can still connect.

If you still can't connect wirelessly, I'd like to see this from your laptop when it tells you it's connected.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice