1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-link G604T router probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Speakersrock, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Speakersrock

Speakersrock Thread Starter

Hi there,

I recently pulled out the power cord D-link G604T router. This was becuase The internet was playing up, and loosing connection about every 11 hours. When I pluged the cord back into it, I pressed the reset button too.

Now it apears to have 'jammed'?? It comes on, the status light flashes as usal, and when I plug network cables into it, those lights come on to.

However, it has not reset, and appears to be stuck.
    My computers will not cvonnect to it, and say 'Limited or no Network connection.' When I click repair, It says unable to renew ip, and this is happening througout my network.

To resolve this problem, I have tried turning off the thing, turnig it off and leaving it overnight, and pressing the rest button again. I have also taken off the cover, becuase I had head something about 'Jumping'??? cuircit boards to reset to factory default. But did'nt really know what I was looking at, and so quickly replaced the cover!

Any ideas as to what I could do please?
    Cheers.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=976&question=D-link+G604T+reset

How do I reset my router back to the factory default settings?

To perform a reset, please follow steps below:

Step 1 With the unit on, place a paper clip into the hole on the back on the unit labeled Reset.

Step 2 Hold paper clip down for 10 seconds and release.

Note: Do not repower unit during this procedure.

I'd say the bolded part was the problem :eek:

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Candy is right on how to do that but be aware you may have to reset all your network settings including password and logon for router when you do this. Best bet is to call Dlink tech support which is excellent and will ride through this with you....

4. Speakersrock

hi, thanks 4 that guys....but it does not seam to do anything when I follow the procedure AcaCandy kindly showed. Neither does anything seam to change on the computer. I have still got 'Limited or no Network connectivity'

any other sugestions anyone please!??

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Well, I think you zapped the unit when you started it without waiting, then tried to reset it :(

6. Speakersrock

hummmm. guess that must be the case.
    Lesson Learned!

cheers guys.

7. Speakersrock

well, now I have got another confusing problem, and it looks like, after all it is not much to do with the router! ~ Another thread started! :S

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice