1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-link Internet Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by musicalmech, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalmech

musicalmech Thread Starter

OK, I've tried to look through the past posts, cause I'd hate to ask something that has already been asked, but I didn't see anything and I'm at my wits end.

Here's the situation. One computer has ME on it, the other has XP. DSL connection as far as internet goes. We've got a D-Link DSS 5 + router.

Long story short, the computers are networked properly, as far as I can tell, but I can't get internet on the one with XP. I don't know what in the world I might have screwed up, but now I've got a problem where the one that has ME is saying that the Line to DSL has "Little or no connectivity"

If someone could help me out, it would be eternally appreciated.

By the way, be gentle with the instructions. I'm ok when it comes to computers, but there is definately some stuff I don't understand.

Take it easy, and thanks in advanced.

2. saugato

saugato

Hi,

I have managed switch say a 16 port cisco. If i configure VLAN can i restrict bandwith according to my wish on each VLAN?

and how do i do it please specify commands.

regards,

saugato.

3. musicalmech

musicalmech Thread Starter

Prior I said that we had a D-Link Router, my girlfriend corrected me, its a hub and not a router. Sorry 'bout that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice