1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-Link NWA-160 A2 Dual band slow

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Matts3D, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Matts3D

Matts3D Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have just bought a D-Link DWA-160 A2 network adapter and it is really slow.
    I have been using a D-Link DWA-125 N 150 A2 for a while now and it is faster, getting a higher signal.

My new network adapter is suppose to be faster.
    The only thing I can think of is that the software coming with the adapter never installed. I get an error: Wireless adapter not found! Please insert the adapter now.
    Thing is, the driver is installed and I can surf the internet.

I did some speedtest net tests and I see that my DWA-125 A2 is faster. How can this be possible?

Thank you!

2. shenryhennos

shenryhennos

hi guys, this is my first time on this forum

same thing here,
    I bought the dwa 160 xtreme like last year, and then a few months later, it stopped working altogether, although I got a replacement because of the warranty

now its really slow, using it on a windows 7 pc, averages like 1 or 2 Mb/s (tested through speed test.net), and it only gets like 2 bars of wireless connectivity (down the bottom on the taskbar), whereas other laptop has full bars

Also, my mac gets like around 35 Mb/s at its slowest, according to speedtest.net as well,

Does anyone happen to have a solution?

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest driver from D-Link's web site.

What OS?

Are you using a D-Link wireless utility?

4. shenryhennos

shenryhennos

I checked using the windows 7 driver thing, and it said that my adapter driver was up to date

what is the dlink wireless utility?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I assume that means that you are not using the D-Link wireless utility, that may or may not be supplied for Windows 7.

Make sure you have the latest driver from D-Link's web site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice