1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-Link Rangebooster

Discussion in 'Networking' started by syed73, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syed73

syed73 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Recently, my wireless router got fried by lightning. I went out and bought the D-Link Rangebooster and a Zyxel DSL modem. I am using a Lenovo Y400 notebook.

I can connect to the internet if I were to use the modem directly. However, when I hookup the modem and the rangebooster, ran the setup, the rangebooster was unable to detect my internet connection. Tried resetting both the modem and the rangebooster to no avail.

Help!!!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What are the models of your modem and router?

Did you power cycle the modem when switching from computer to router?

Please post an ipconfig /all connected to the modem and a second one connected to the router.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice