1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D-Link wifi stick not automatically connecting to network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by supaman321, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. supaman321

supaman321 Thread Starter

About 3 or 4 days ago, I bought a D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter so I could connect my desktop computer to my network. I immediately ran the installation disk that came in the same box and plugged it into one of my USB 3.0 ports. I connected to my network with no issues at all. The following day, after turning on and off my computer I opened my internet browser and it didn't work. Nor did skype, spotify or steam. I did the windows troubleshooter and it mentioned that connection between me and my router was broken. So I pull out the power cables out of router and reset it. This temporarily solves my problem until I shut down my computer again. When I start it up I have to reset my router again for my internet to work.

My modem model is T1200H and is from telus.

What can I do to fix my problem?

Here is my SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12237 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, 1536 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 940261 MB, Free - 266810 MB; D: Total - 953835 MB, Free - 634715 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H77-M
    Antivirus: IObit Malware Fighter, Disabled (I have Avast installed and running, I don't know what IObit Malware Fighter is.)

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I'm guessing the D-Link device came with a wireless connection manager software? It's possible that it's not set to automatically connect which you should be able to change. If at all possible there should be an option to allow windows to control the wireless stick, that way you can make sure it's set to automatically connect.

3. supaman321

supaman321 Thread Starter

Yes, it did come with software. But I see no option to allow windows to control the wifi stick. But when I click on the internet button in my taskbar it says it is connected. Just no internet access.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Can you post an IPCONFIG/ALL of your network connection please?

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter
    If you click the "More Info" tab, there's a 2-minute instructional video on how to install and set it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice