D-Link wifi stick not automatically connecting to network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

supaman321

About 3 or 4 days ago, I bought a D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter so I could connect my desktop computer to my network. I immediately ran the installation disk that came in the same box and plugged it into one of my USB 3.0 ports. I connected to my network with no issues at all. The following day, after turning on and off my computer I opened my internet browser and it didn't work. Nor did skype, spotify or steam. I did the windows troubleshooter and it mentioned that connection between me and my router was broken. So I pull out the power cables out of router and reset it. This temporarily solves my problem until I shut down my computer again. When I start it up I have to reset my router again for my internet to work.

My modem model is T1200H and is from telus.

What can I do to fix my problem?

Here is my SysInfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12237 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, 1536 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 940261 MB, Free - 266810 MB; D: Total - 953835 MB, Free - 634715 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H77-M
Antivirus: IObit Malware Fighter, Disabled (I have Avast installed and running, I don't know what IObit Malware Fighter is.)

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
I'm guessing the D-Link device came with a wireless connection manager software? It's possible that it's not set to automatically connect which you should be able to change. If at all possible there should be an option to allow windows to control the wireless stick, that way you can make sure it's set to automatically connect.

supaman321

Yes, it did come with software. But I see no option to allow windows to control the wifi stick. But when I click on the internet button in my taskbar it says it is connected. Just no internet access.

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
Can you post an IPCONFIG/ALL of your network connection please?

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
About 3 or 4 days ago, I bought a D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter so I could connect my desktop computer to my network.
D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band USB Adapter
If you click the "More Info" tab, there's a 2-minute instructional video on how to install and set it up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online