1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

D.O.W Soulstorm ,Strategy help please !

Discussion in 'Games' started by Darkst4r, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkst4r

Darkst4r It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi , im stuck on the Rocklaw mountains level of Dawn of war soulstorm and its getting to the point where I might put my mouse through the pc monitor if it goes on much longer.

Its the level where you have to annihalate the orks in their mountain fortress on the 1st planet.

Ive managed to build around 5-6 units of marines , send them in to capture "da killy point" then set up heavy bolter turrets around it , but no matter what the ork hordes keep coming and swamp me.Its only set on normal difficulty too so I hate to thing how difficult hard is.

Once my marines get wiped out , it wont let me replace them even though I still have the same amount of strategic points captured , why ? It keeps saying not enough requisition , please capture more points , which wouldnt be so bad but there arent any that are easily available.

Any advice on smashing the green scum would be greatly appreciated.

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

u need to make sure u set up a home base fully b4 takin any of the objectives...so capture as many points as u can quickly with scouts...and build plasma generators..about 5 or 6 will do...then get infantry up asap....build turrets and get ur home base established...on the objective home bases like this u need to do that first really...and then move onto the objectives once ur base can take care of it self...ur looking at a long game..so expect about 1 to 2 hours of game play on it...

3. Darkst4r

ive set up my home base as best I can , i have bolter turrets with missile upgrades , mines ,generators , in fact everything my req points will allow me.Problem is my company of 5 marines squads (all my req will let me have for the available strat points) make it to the killy point but then get swamped , any squads taking casualties can only be reinforced from 9 marines to just 5 for some reason , even though i still own all my original strategic points.This being the case my deminished company of 20 marines are no match for around 200+ orks of varying sizes equipped with vehicles and heavy weapons , not to mention the gun towers surrounding the place on the way in.This level is HARD !

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh thats wot i mean now u have esablished ur base...wait ther until you have built up more req points...u dont need mines...u need to build up vehicles to take out the turrets

5. Darkst4r

Im such a noob , ive just realised req points build up slowly over time.I was convinced id have to do the entire level with 4 basic marine squads !

I think I deserve a medal for just taking the killy spot with such a small force to be honest !

Needless to say , 6 marine squads , 2 fully lased up predators , 3 drednoughts (2 assault , 1 las) 2 full terminator squads (1 assault , 1 long range) and 3 servitors for repairs got rid of them pesky orks in about 1hr30 , gotta say though , still an incredibly intense level.

I LOVE THIS GAME !

6. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

haha :) nice job...at least u worked out how the game works now huh:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice