d347.bus.sys? Help! Googled and found Nothing!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

|3rent

Well, I woke up this morning and turned on my computer and was delighted to find out that it would not start :mad: . Windows XP Pro (SP2) starts to load up, then it goes to a real quick blue screen [of death] and reboots. I can't seem to get the computer to stop at the blue screen so I can't read what the error message is, and it won't start in the normal or last good configuration modes.

Now for the fun part! In safe mode it starts listing the drivers as they're loading, and then at the bottom I see..

"d347.bus.sys loading - escape to cancel"

Now if i hit escape it will continue to safe mode, but if I just let it go it never loads and the computer ends up rebooting again.

Does anyone know what that driver does or how I can fix it? Or atleast know how I can get the computer not to reboot so I can see what the blue screen of death is trying to tell me?

[It's sad my first post is an error!]

Also, I know you guys probably need specs, but I don't know which ones you need so instead of listing everything in my computer if you'll post what will help you guys I'll list it.

d347.sys is a scsi (scuzzy) driver. If your not using scsi devices, (scsi hard drive) boot into safe mode and uninstall scsi drivers with device manager.

|3rent

terryxp said:
d347.sys is a scsi (scuzzy) driver. If your not using scsi devices, (scsi hard drive) boot into safe mode and uninstall scsi drivers with device manager.
I'm running Dual 80GB Seagate Serial ATA's, and although I built my own computer I have never heard of SCSI so I assume those aren't it.

However, there are two drivers located under the SCSI/Raid tab under device manager,

NVIDIA Nforce ATARaid Class Controller and
Silicon Image SiI3512 SATARaid Controller

Seeing as my hard drives are connected together (forget what its called), would it be wise to uninstall both? Don't I need them for my SATA hard drives?

UPDATE:

I also just realized my sound doesn't work. I might be stupid and sound might be disabled in Safe Mode*, but I don't remember that when I've had to go in it in the past. Whenever I try to play music it says my sound device is unsupported. Hmmmm....

*If no one has sound in safe mode, then I am an idiot and disregard the new UPDATE which would be infact not an update at all (y)

|3rent

Also, my motherboard has Dual BIOS, and I went and tried loading with the backup BIOS and it still had no effect.

I realize that the BIOS was probably never the problem in the first place, but it made me feel better actually trying something rather than just sitting here and waiting like this :confused:

EDIT: Oops, this was suppossed to be an edit of my reply up there ^...

Also, what could have caused this? Is it just a Windows thing or was it manually caused (i.e. something I did :( )

uninstall both raid controllers... reboot. If hardware found message box pops up on reboot, check the box to allow windows to contact windows update site and look for best drivers... let it install whatever it finds.

|3rent

terryxp said:
uninstall both raid controllers... reboot. If hardware found message box pops up on reboot, check the box to allow windows to contact windows update site and look for best drivers... let it install whatever it finds.
Thanks for all your help Terry, but unfortunately I am already in the process of reinstalling Windows. But again, thanks for trying.

Ok... you will have the same problem though Im guessing, this is a known issue with xp sp2 and nvidia nforce boards...

sy2

For future reference, in order to make the computer stop at the blue screen so that you can read it follow these steps:

Start -> Control Panel -> System
Click the Advanced Tab.
Click the Settings button under Startup and Recovery.
Uncheck "Automatically restart" in the center of the window in the System failure section.
Click OK twice to exit.

Hello,
I'm having almost the same problem as |3rent, except I cant boot into any mode of windows at all, even if while safemode is booting, I press esc when it says loading 'd347bus.sys'. I just get the blue screen right after I do that.
Any suggestions?

I'd suggest choosing the "Last Known Good Configuration" option. This will restore things to how they were when you last logged in.

Thanks, but Ive already tried the 'Last known good configuration' option, and exactly the same thing happens.

Im not quite sure what or how to change the bios to make it work, so if you could give me a few details it would be very much appriciated.
Thanks

I havent been messing around with the inside of my computer recently, so I'm not quite sure hoe it could be the wires set wrong, but I'll check anyway. If nothing works Im going to attemto to backup all unreplaceable information from that hard drive onto a backup one, then repair the OS from my Windows XP CD.

EDIT: Nope, nothing. All the wires are connected properly and the jumpers are in the right place. =/

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online