1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Daily crashes while playing games.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rockymaster, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rockymaster

rockymaster Thread Starter

Issue: Randomly once to twice a day, my computer will freeze up, then either begin chopping the screen up before completely locking up, while I can still hear sound, and speak to my friends in skype. Other times it will fully lock up, looping the audio. Sometimes it will say "Nvidia display drivers have stopped responding but have recovered" (Only with the 650TI)

When the computer falls asleep, it instantly locks up. It won't even go into a full sleep.

Desktop Specs
    Cpu - AMD Phenom II x6 1045t @ 2.7ghz
    Gpu - PNY Nvidia GTX 550 TI (Also have a EVGA 650TI (Issues remain no matter which card))
    Ram - 1x Crucial Ballistix Sport 4gb - 1x ADATA 4gb
    Mobo - Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
    PSU - Corsair CX500 (Also have a CX750 I've been trying to place into my desktop, but the screws in the back are stripped, so I've been having a bad time trying to pull the 500 out)
    HDD: Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB HDD

e/
    I swapped my PSU to the CX750 and I switched my ram to different slots - now running dual channel, issue still exists.

With multicore rendering on in CSGO it seems to force shutdown my PC, almost as if I had unplugged it from the wall, with Multicore rendering off I can play but I still get the graphical error after a while.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

do you run the two - graphic cards - crossfire
    OR are you meaning - you have two but only ever use one

Have you checked temps

How long please have you used the Crucial and the AData for - has it been ok before using the two different ram sticks

What tests have you conducted please

3. rockymaster

I have both graphics cards, I'm not running SLI as it's not available for non-matching cards.

I've watched my temps, my GPU seems to hit about 80 as a max while gaming (86 running Furmark)
    The temp on my CPU hit 67 on a burn in test before I cancelled the test. ( I do believe my CPU is overheating, I'm trying to rule out any other options of what could be wrong before spending cash)

The two ram sticks have been running together for about a year now, I've tried removing the ADATA stick and just running the Crucial one, I still had the issue.

I've tried running the windows memory test, and all of the MSI Kombuster tests, I can't seem to crash out while running tests.

4. Macboatmaster

Cheers
    When you reply please just click reply not quote.
    There is no need to quote back to me what I have posted unless you specifically wish to hlghlight something to me

MAX CPU temp from AMD is 71
    Suggest you set fan speed turbo in FanXpert

5. rockymaster

I tried setting my CPU fan on turbo, it's keeping it running much cooler, I ran a burn in test on my CPU and hit about 62 after ten minutes, which is far better then before. I'll post any updates if the issue still occurs.

Thank you so much for your help, I'm very grateful.

6. Macboatmaster

section 3.6 and 4.3 of your motherboard manual refer

Presuming from the knowledge you appear to have I am certain you will have checked fan blades and cooling fins for clean condition

If you have not overclocked it - wonder if its time to check thermal paste on CPU
    If you have OC`d it would be good to see how it runs on standard

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice