1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Damage to DLP TV Screen

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by walou, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walou

walou Thread Starter

Hi, everyone. I hope I'm in the correct forum.... I am new here.

Three days ago, my husband and I purchased a 60-in. Philips brand DLP television, which had been clearanced out at Wal-Mart to make room for the new models. We bought the TV for an astounding $800. Nothing wrong, beautiful picture, great clarity. Perfect, and a dream come true for my husband.

Yesterday (Two days after the purchase), our (wonderful, smart, and precious) three year old son decided to "decorate" the screen with a broken golf club, while I was working to clean out our garage (hence where he found the club). The screen now has lots of scratches from one side to the other. The picture is still vivid, but when the background is light-colored, you can see them all. I can't even tell you how broken-hearted my husband was. He handled it well (he's a wonderful man) but I could tell he really wanted to just throw up. He doesn't throw money around, and this was actually a huge purchase for him. I want to FIX IT!!!!! (the TV and his heart!)

Is there anything I can do to take the scratches off? Does anybody know what kind of cost we might be looking at to replace the screen???

thanks, everyone!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I doubt you'll be able to fix it, so I suspect you need to look into a replacement screen.

3. waquoitdave

waquoitdave

Some credit cards cover breakage, theft, loss for the first 60 days. If you used AMEX, you might be covered.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice