1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

damaged file HELP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vc21, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vc21

vc21 Thread Starter

I have a file damaged in my Windows, i dont know if i need it or i should repair it and even how to, but i was hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. The file is in my downloaded program files Windows/system32/IUCTL.DLL, THE PROGRAM FILE DOESNT HAVE A NAME BUT USES AN ID -{9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F}
    THE CODEBASE IS -

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?38181.8081597222 When i open this file i can only copy or extract these items and the 4 items in the cab are iuctl.dll / iuctl.cat / iuctl.inf / and iuengine.dll
    .......... I copy n pasted the IUCTL.INF on my desktop and opened it and here what it reads........

;INF file for Project1.ocx
    ;DestDir can be 10 for Windows directory, 11 for Windows\System(32) directory, or left blank for the Occache directory.

[version]
    signature="$Windows NT$"
    CatalogFile=iuctl.cat

[DefaultInstall]
    CopyFiles=install.files
    RegisterDLLs=RegisterFiles
    AddReg = AddRegKillBitWUV3IS

[RInstallApplicationFiles]
    CopyFiles=install.files
    RegisterDLLs=RegisterFiles

[DestinationDirs]
    install.files=11
    [SourceDisksNames]
    1=%DiskName%,IuCtl.CAB,1

[Add.Code]
    iuctl.dll=iuctl.dll
    iuengine.dll=iuengine.dll

[install.files]
    iuctl.dll=iuctl.dll
    iuengine.dll=iuengine.dll

[SourceDisksFiles]
    iuctl.dll=1
    iuengine.dll=1

[iuctl.dll]
    file=thiscab
    RegisterServer=yes
    clsid={9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F}
    DestDir=11
    FileVersion=5,4,3790,14

[iuengine.dll]
    file=thiscab
    RegisterServer=no
    DestDir=11
    FileVersion=5,4,3790,14
    [RegisterFiles]
    %11%\iuctl.dll

[AddRegKillBitWUV3IS]
    HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{CEBC955E-58AF-11D2-A30A-00A0C903492B}","Compatibility Flags",0x00010001,0x00000400

I dont know what to do from here so if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it.

Thankyou, vc

2. moper

moper

Open Windows Explorer. Click on the 'Windows' folder. Click on the 'Downloaded Program Files' folder. If it is listed as Damaged, right click it, and select Remove. At a time when you need it again, it will be downloaded automatically.

moper

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice