1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

damaged installation disc windows XP pro

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by dondersjoris, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dondersjoris

dondersjoris Thread Starter

hi, I have a small problem; I've bought XP pro (in 2004)and wanted to use it yesterday.
    unfortunately my kids have damaged (deep scratches on the surface)it. What must I do now? Does Microsoft switch these cd's or do I have buy a new license... (i hope not )?
    Does anyone know about this issue ? Thanks in advance (my region is Europe/Belgium)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi John
    I damaged one of the 4 CD in FS9 I explained to Microsoft hear in the UK and they supplied me with a full set Marked not for resale at 25% of the cost of a new set.
    Regards
    Rex

4. idowindows

idowindows

You may also, if you're interested in keeping the disk without dealing with MS, go to a used CD shop and pay the few bucks to have the disc subject to their scratch-removal process and cross your fingers....

Just a thought...

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

The plastic side can usually be repaired. If the label side is scratched through, it's toast.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Of course, if that doesn't work, then you're out that money, as well as the replacement cost. ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice