1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Damaged XP install...will running my OEM disk (repair)...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bobb4ku, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobb4ku

bobb4ku Thread Starter

wipeout my booloader ? I currently have a dual-boot, I dont want to do a full reinstall of XP (thousands of updates)...I want to try and repair and/or reinstall "just" the windows directory/files needed for startup. I am also dealing with the fact that the HD in question is as old as XP so of course their maybe bad blocks on the drive keeping it from booting correctly. My concern is that I dont want to lose the ability to boot my other OS if I try a repair...is that a possiblity ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice