Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAMN MACINTOSH/WINDOWS RIVALRY! I need help!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  billiehawkins 
#1 ·
OK, where should I start...

I bought an
Xbox 360 pro console with the intention of hooking it up to Xbox live. When I got it in 2008, I didn't know how to hook it up to ethernet, and because I own a Mac Leopard computer (not a laptop) I had no good sources on the web to look for answers. I look into it, and I realize I need a router, because all I have is a single port modem.

When I get the modem, a
d-link 2.4Ghz second-hand *cough* piece o' junk *cough* router, I thought that it would do the trick. So I plug the router into the WAN port, and put the Macs ethernet and the xbox's ethernet into the first 2 ports. Everything is hooked up perfectly, or so I thought.

I had no connection to the internet or my xbox. The router and the modem showed all of the lights on and everything was visibly running well.
What I need are some pointers on WHAT THE HELL TO DO about the network and internet settings on my mac. I will praise the person that can help me out on this one!

-p00t the first

#2 ·
The router probably still has the configuration options applied from the previous owner.

You'll need to reset the router to its default values. Usually there is a small pin hole in the back which you can stick something like a paper clip in there and depress and hold that button for a few seconds.

From there you can usually surf to 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and configure the router as needed.

(P.S. you can downloaded the manual for your exact model from dlink web site.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.