1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dane-Elec USB 2.0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AHHH!!!217, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHHH!!!217

AHHH!!!217 Thread Starter

Well this is annoying...

I have a Dane-Elec USB 2.0 card reader and It's worked perfectly until today. I clicked on My Computer to use it, but for some reason the computer isnt detecting that it's there. I looked at the product and the top light is green but the lower light isnt on at all. I tried unplugging it and reconnecting it but still only one light turns on. Does anyone know anything about this product? I've lost all of the information that came with it.

- Cory

2. onsite

onsite

Try plugging it into a different usb port, alternately go to system in control panel.
    then hardware, the device manager. Look at the USB down at the bottom. Are there any red " x" or " ! " ?
    also look to see if there is any UNKNOWN DEVICES catagory
    also look down on the icon tray to the left of the time, see if there is an "eject device icon"
    Also what is your OS ? if xp do you have SP2

3. AHHH!!!217

AHHH!!!217 Thread Starter

Ok I followed your instructions and I found no red "x"'s or "!"'s and there was no unknown category. I also looked down at the tray and there was nothing there resembling what you described. I have XP professional and yes i have SP2. Do you have any more suggestions? I would really appreciate it. If not, thank you for your help and time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice