1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Daniel Tammet’s extraordinary mind.

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Lance1, Feb 11, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

Have heard of Daniel Tammet? If you haven’t, go to the link and watch the video. You will be amazed at this mans ability and at the vastness of the human mind. And if you have heard of him, watch the video anyway; it’s an amazing journey into the human brain. The video is 48 min long so get a coffee.

The Boy with the incredible Brain

2. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

ONLY 48 minutes?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

How about for those of us who are on dial-up? Got any text? Perhaps a short summation?

3. teengeekgrrl

teengeekgrrl

I saw him on 60 Minutes not too long ago.

Extraordinary indeed. :)

4. iltos

iltos

there's tons on him on google, bandit....but this wiki article is a pretty good summary of him, and the vid
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Tammet

the fact that he is a numbers savant is not nearly so fascinating to me as his description of the process....there is, on the surface at least, nothing "logical" about his calculations....it's almost as tho his brain goes "somewhere else", leaving his conciousness with some sort of reciever connected to this place, and then his brain sends the answer back to him

5. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

That is the strange thing isn’t it? You can see it when he starts calculating! He seems to go to another place, when he did the calculation for that, I think it was 2000 or so number which blow me away! Because I have trouble with 6 digits! No, I’m not good at math… The real amazing thing is that he’s not like a typical savant. He has full capacity and commutative skills, and that is what makes him unique. Can you see a movie coming? I can.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice