Dark lines across screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

luke9481

My screen has become faded and there are black bars across the screen. I tried hooking up another monitor and it did the same thing so i know the monitor is not the problem. How do i fix this.

If you are not experiencing any other problems, perhaps a new video card is in order.

You can check for bent pins on the adapter...and try updating or re-installing video drivers.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If the black bars are of varying contrast, I'm guessing you're seeing 60hz hum bars. It may be the video card, the cabling, or even possibly the P/S. The monitor could also be sitting next to some transformer that's causing the interference, does it stay when you move the monitor?

luke9481

I don't think it's the video card. I tried hooking up other monitors and it did the same thing so i know it's not the monitor or the monitor to close to a power source. I'm wondering if there are some settings i can change to correct this. I have never experienced this kind of problem before.

Are you able to take a screenshot of the problem? (print screen)

If it doesn't show up in the screenshot, it's caused by local interference on either monitor. If it does, it's a video card or driver problem. Post it here if you need us to check.

The faded appearance can be caused by incorrect gamma or contrast settings in the display properties -- but not the black bars.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Why do you reject the idea that it might be the video card?

luke9481

Sorry JohnWill, I ment to say I don't think it's the monitor. I'm Going to try another video card. Thanks for the advice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online