1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dark Monitor and can't fix.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Milo, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Milo

Milo Thread Starter

My monitor has been fairly dark for some time. I even just upgraded with almost entirly new parts, and it's still the same. My Gamma and Contrast are all the way up, and I can still hardly see darker images. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks for any help.

2. richardp

richardp

get a new monitor:) :D :cool: ;)

3. brianF

brianF

Actually I would try another monitor first, does it correct the problem.

You have adjust the contrast, etc where. On the monitor controls or under your display settings. a lot of video cards have options in the display properties, settings, advanced to control brightness

4. Milo

Milo Thread Starter

Getting a new monitor isn't an option for me, and there are no settings in the Display Panel for that (I've looked). I was hoping for some kind of program that I could download which would let me do that, but I guess there isn't one.

5. brianF

brianF

Well it would be a program that works in conjunction with your video card, not your monitor. What type of video card do you have.

6. Milo

Milo Thread Starter

It's a Sis 630/730 onboard Video Card.

7. brianF

brianF

Sorry should have asked, what operating system are you running.
    Not sure if I can find anything that works with sys but will try

8. brianF

brianF

I'm running into a road block on the sis chip, do you have this utility described here

In windows 98 with the sis utility /sistray/ i could change the brightness in my display settings. Now i'm using windows 2000 with directx 8.1 with the sistray/utility and i cant find where to turn up my brightness/gamma. Some games are way to dark to play and dont have a brightness setting in the game itself . please help.
    SiS technician's response
    I did test the problem with SIS630/730 2.04.50 version under Win2000, but I didn't find the problem you described. Please tell us which SIS630/730 version did you use? Or could you provide us more details about your problem.

9. Milo

Milo Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP, and I saw that response on their Tech Support (They're morons there... look at my other questions there ;)) I can't find the Sis utility things, I've looked, and all I can find is Icons that have to do with Gamma things.

10. ack

ack

I'm having the same problem with my monitor, except it happened just this afternoon. It was fine in the morning, I went out, leaving the monitor on, but screensaver operational, and when I reactivated, everything was dark.

I guess that's not much help, but someone else is keeping an eye on this exchange, fyi. My monitor is only 6 mos. old. It's definitely not high-end, but it shouldn't be acting up yet.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice