1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dark Screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Puffdolly, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puffdolly

Puffdolly Thread Starter

When I log on, I get an error message that a needed dll something can't be found. I have a Dell XP., and I am typing this from another location so I do not have the entire message before me. Anyway, it takes forever for my screen to become visible, and then it is only with the lights out in the room. Otherwise, I can not see it at all. All of my information is present, except my mouse pointer keeps vanishing and reappearing. I have tried pressing the controls along the base of my computer, this helps a little, but the screen is too dark. The colors on my computer are set at 16 and I cannot change them to 256. The slidebars are all fixed and refuse to move so that I cannot change it at all. This is a large part of the problem because I cannot use several programs without the 256 color adjustment. However, the dark screen just started happening last week. Is there some adjustment I can make to brighten my monitor back up to it's original intensity?

2. Monk_

Monk_

If you can post the name of the missing .dll that would help out narrowing the problem down. I sounds like your video card is having problems, it could be the card itself or just the drivers. Also what OS are you running?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice