Dash Cam - Advice, Opinions, Help

Tabvla

NOTE : Administrator, if this is the wrong Forum then please move to correct Forum. Thank you.

I am in the process of buying a new car and want to install a new front and rear dash cam(s). I have spent countless hours researching and reviewing and I am no nearer to making a decision.

It seems that no matter how much money you spend every product out there has problems and issues.

I have also noted that there does not seem to be any correlation between price and performance. Some of the least expensive dash cams get far better reviews (and I am talking about thousands of reviews) than products costing three times as much.

So, in desperation, I am turning to TSG members who have had a good experience with a particular make and model of dash cam to share that experience.

Thanks

T.

Johnny b

John
Good morning T.

Frequently I buy on price and spur of the moment decisions.
I bought a dash cam at Walmart back in 2017 that was on sale. ~$25
Obviously not in the realm of Go Pro quality.
But it does exactly what I wanted.
Record events playing out in front of me for insurance/liability or traffic control issues.
Sure, a little bit of fish eye, but it's not there to record events for posterity.
Turns out, some reviews weren't kind. Kinda cruel even.
But it does exactly what I wanted.
And it still works.

Uniden DC1

I see Amazon lists that model at ~$23

My review.......
The price range is attractive :D

Tabvla

Thanks Johnny.

I cannot understand why camera and smartphone manufacturers do not make dash cams. One would think that Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fuji, Samsung, Moto....... could make a better dash cam than some impossible to pronounce company name from behind the Great Wall.

And in 2021, when buying a new car, would it not be a really obvious accessory to have a car manufacturer built dash cam factory-fitted...?

Grrrr.....🐶...

T.

Oddba11

Jim
Some car manufacturers offer equipment as an accessory, just not as standard equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online