1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dashboard

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by royceem, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royceem

royceem Thread Starter

A month ago I viewed a video clip from the bbc news media in uk. Now when I press the dashboard button on the mouse, the quicktime menu appears and the video clip plays in the background. I don't find any way to delete it. When I select the delete, a window asks me to buy the pro system of quicktime. There must be a way to get rid of this. I have a imac 10.5.2. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hello:

It sounds as if the button on your mouse that you had designated to open Dashboard has changed to open Quicktime.

To check/change it: Dock > System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Mouse.

You will see that you can designate each button on your mouse to execute a different function.

Hope that helps (and that I understood your problem correctly.) :)

3. royceem

royceem Thread Starter

Thanks again Yankee Rose. I solved my problem. It seems I downloaded a file called WMV. I thought it would help me view short clips produced with microsoft, as soon as I deleted the logo from my Dock, the video went away. I thank you again for all your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice