.DAT file helpo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peril0us

Banned
I have a .dat file and i dont know how to unencrypt the stuff in it. :-\ Its from this c# program and in it is a java applet (pictures and class files). However, i dont know how to get into a .DAT file. :confused: Please can someone tell me if there are any utilities or if it has an encryption password or something?

Also, when the program runs it uses the .DAT file - is it likely that the .DAT file is unencrypted by the program to some location that i could find in the source code? Okay any help appreciated.

:confused:

It's probably just a binary file, not encrypted. Sorry, but you have to know the record layout to read a binary file correctly...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online