DAT images

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alyse

My friend burned me a CD of photos for our yearbook, and I brought them home to work on them. When I opened up the files on the disc, however, they're all in a .dat format. Is there any way I can convert these to JPG images? Any format I can work with in Photoshop is alright too.

Does the program your friend use to burn the disk also extract the images? Maybe you can get the program from your friend?

Yea may need the program he used to burned the CD.
Then look in the CD to see if there are other folders or files that may have the image in .jpg

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
By any chance did your friend create the files and CD on an Apple Mac computer and you opening the CD on a Windows based PC? I have read that Macs do not use file extensions to track file type. Ssometime that makes Windows very confused and a default .DAT extension is assigned to the filename.

Try copying one the files to your hard drive and then change its extension to something .jpg if you think it might be a JPEG file or .psd if it might be a PhotoShop file. Then try to open the renamed file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online