data base problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

700mb80min

Banned
I have a data base of named ,dates , and other info stored on a system . I would like to copy the info onto another system but when i do , it says it is a "read only file" and when i open it and put the names in alphabetical order , after re-boot they are back to the way they were before . Clear as mud ?

.......thanks 700mb80min

Originally posted by 700mb80min:
I have a data base of named ,dates , and other info stored on a system . I would like to copy the info onto another system but when i do , it says it is a "read only file" and when i open it and put the names in alphabetical order , after re-boot they are back to the way they were before . Clear as mud ?

.......thanks 700mb80min
What program are you using?

If it's Excel and a "read only" file, you'll have to "save as" with another file name.

700mb80min

Banned
Thanks maxflia10 , i`m not at work now so maybe tomorrow i`ll log on and try it again and post with what program it was moved with . Tks again .

700mb80min

Banned
O.K. for an update , it is a data base on one system in alphabetical order i need on another system which isn`t connected to the net . When a copy of the data base was installed on the other system via a disc , it wasn`t in alphabetical order , and when attempting to arrange it so , said it was a read only file and it couldn`t be done .

Can the data base be installed without connecting to the net ?

...tks.....700mb80min

Did you try checking the properties by right clicking on the file? Usually when I burn the db's on a disk they become read only and I just uncheck the read only box in the properties after I install them in another location.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online