1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Data DVD Burning Puzzler

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by DJ Big Jack, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DJ Big Jack

DJ Big Jack Thread Starter

I've burned a data DVD of JPG files, in folders, from my last vacation trip. The DVD will work fine on either of my PCs, but not in the either of the DVD players attached to my TV sets. I get a "Incorrect Disk" error.

I have previously burned data DVDs of jpg files and they worked fine. (Same burner program on the PC, same PC, same camera)

Here's what I've done so far (and I'm completely out of ideas now):

1. I checked the old DVD from my previous vacation .. the JPGs display just fine using either DVD player on either TV

2. I tried burning a DVD of the JPGs on my second PC, using a different program (Record Now on one PC, and Cyberlink Power To Go on the other PC). Same problem

3. I tried again, on both PCs, this time using DVD+R disks instead of DVD-R disks. Same problem.

4. I doublechecked that I had selected the "Finalize disk" or "Close Disk" option in the burner programs before doing the burn. Same problem.

5. I tried using a slower burn speed, just in case. Same problem.

Please tell me that I missed something very simple, something that will make me smack my forehead and call myself an idiot !

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Try the DVD+R, and set the booktype to DVD-ROM. Nero allows you to configure this if that's your burning application.

3. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

r the dvd's that won't work on ur tv's dvd player same brand as the ones that work? sometime's that makes a diff :D

4. DJ Big Jack

Will ..... I don't have Nero but I used two other programs with both -R and +R disks and still have the same problem

cowboy .... I did use the same disks from the same package which worked (and previous burned disks from that package still work), so that's not it either.

5. DJ Big Jack

ANY more ideas ? ( I hope) !

6. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

can't imagine what it might be, other than if something's occurring during the burning process or finalization but u said u've ck'd those... other than doing a system restore 2 a time when u burned a disc & it worked, might try that? good luck :)
    (could be that ur tv dvd player is acting up? have u dbl ck'd it's settings?)

7. DJ Big Jack

The problem is I've used two different PCs, two different burning programs, and tryed two different DVD players on my TV and I still get the "Incorrect Disc" error .... and previously burned disks work on the DVD player just fine. I'm about to throw out all the technology in my house and go back to using an abacus .

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice