1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Data manager trying to access privileged recourses

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Fagin, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fagin

Fagin Guest Thread Starter

Hi, i could anyone please help, Zonealarm has suddenly started giving me a warning message of

"Data manager is trying to launch C\system32\
    dwin.exe,or use another program to gain access to
    privileged recourses"

I have done a spyware check with spybot and run AVG for viruses's, but nothing was found, i have checked the internet via googl but i can't find anything that matches this, My operating system is Windows XP, could anyone please tell me if this is suspicius? Thanks in advance.

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Looks like your using two Anti-Virus programs at the same time. This is probably your problem as you should only have one Anti-Virus program on your computer. They do not get along and can cause havoc when more than one is installed. Uninstall one of them and see if all clears up.

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

On a regular copy of Windows, there is no "c:\system32" folder. There is, however, a "c:\windows\system32" folder.

4. Fagin

Fagin Guest Thread Starter

Thanks captainron276, but as far as i am aware there should only be one anti virus on this computer, could i ask what makes you say that there are two antivirus on it. Thanks.

Thanks lunarlander could i just ask you what you mean by "regular" copy of Windows,

5. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Well, you mention Zonealarm
    and then AVG, so this is why I am under the impression you have two Anti-Virus programs running at the same time.

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Unless you made a typo in your original comments, there is no such thing as a c:\system32 folder.

There is a c:\windows\system32 folder.

That's what lunarlander was trying to explain to you.

If your computer does has a c:\system32 folder, something is wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice