1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Data Recovery Drive

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by DBoogie, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBoogie

DBoogie Thread Starter

My Laptop won't get back to desktop. Every time I power up it goes to "Automatic Recovery" the screen just goes blank/black. Nothing seems like it's loading, hence after hours even days black screen. Note: Can get to BIOS and load Kapersky Rescue Disk/USB but the Norton Rescue Disk/USB has problems loading the image.

This is where I'm at diagnosing the problem below:
    (9/18/2018 - 5.21 p.m. Est)

I've since removed the hard drive and tried to get data recovered from another laptop when using a data recovery tool my Drive location now is (E:) along with D:, however the recovery tool doesn't let me open ( E:) it says this drive is not accessible, but (D:)I can get into and hardly anything is on it. The O.S. is on (E:) along with all the software and files I'm trying gain access to, is this ransomware of some type that changed my drive letters or data corruption and locked up my (E:) drive?

Any solutions???

I am using an Asus X552E
    AMD dual core E1-2100 1.0ghz
    4 GB, 500 GB HDD
    Windows 10
    Browsers: Internet Explorer,Chrome, FireFox, Edge

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice