1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Data Recovery XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LizD, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LizD

LizD Thread Starter

Hi,

Could someone please help me with my problem? I'm using Windows XP. I couldn't get it to load Windows it just kept going around and around to the start up process. I tried starting in Safe Mode and it wouldn't. My teenage son got an XP disk from one of his friends and I thought he was going to just boot it, but he reinstalled Windows XP and now all my stuff is gone. (I know I should be backing up to disks, BUT...)

Is there any possible chance I can get all my files back, or are they lost forever.

Hope you can help.

Thankyou.

Liz D

2. thegooddale

thegooddale

When your son re-installed windows xp, did he format the hard drive?

3. LizD

LizD Thread Starter

I don't think so?

4. thegooddale

thegooddale

Just ask him to make sure. If he has then I would have to say your stuffed. If he hasn't then I think they might still be there but under a different user account. Maybe.

5. LizD

LizD Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I'll get him to ring his friend tommorrow and find out for sure.

Thankyou
    Liz D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice