1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrFlash, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrFlash

MrFlash Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new Maxtor External Hard Drive. It began making noise and appears to have crashed. Nothing shows up on my computer.

Can I recover the data? How? Help!!

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If it is indeed dead, yes the data can be recovered. There are several services available for this. It is expensive and time consuming. It will also probably void your warranty.

3. MrFlash

MrFlash Thread Starter

Thanks! You gave me hope!

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Nope! Just get RecoveryExpert Deluxe :D

It is made just for that reason! It works GREAT!!!!! (y)

Very inexpensive too. If you get their retail PartitionExpert program (much better than partition magic) then you'll get a FREE copy of it on the disk :D

Bet ya thought that I forgot about the link huh ? Now would the Chicken-meister do that to you? :p (don't answer that...) :D

Simply click HERE!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217022

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice