1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Data Source dialogue box keeps re-appearing

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hbaggs, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hbaggs

hbaggs Thread Starter

KB article 885832 states exactly my problem. I have an Access query which makes a table as the data source for a Word 2003 merge document. It takes the results of a single record and plonks it in a table and does that exactly as expected. However when access calls Word2003 it says I need to locate the data source - I do that, I save the file and bingo I get the right result. But the next time and subsequently every time I run that merge I get Word stopping and asking for the data source. If I just click Cancel -it finds the correct data source anyway!
    The fix is suggested that Office 2003 Service Pack 2 is installed. I have done that and it has not fixed the problem
    Has anyone experienced this very annoying problem which has cost me a whole day trying to rectify?????

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice