Data Transfer (MB/mo.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

scroff

I'm looking for a host for my site and was wondering what the average data transfer is for a small personal/informational site is. The host I'm looking at offers 750mb per month. Sound good? My last host was a gig.

vpn

it all depends on the size of your pages along with the images on them, and the amount of hits your expecting to get...

lets say, one page with a few pictures, is 100kB total, images and all... and you expect to get 50 hits to that page, thats 5,000kB, which is just short of 5mB. then, say you have 5 pages that are identical, that is 100 kB * 50 hits/month * 5 pages = 25,000 which is roughly 25mB, but it all depends on the size of the pages and the amount of traffic your expecting. if you do the above, and calculate your expected usage, and get a hosting plan with adequate transfer for what you calculated, you should be fine.

scroff

yea thanks, that isn't just helpful, it makes alot of sense :

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online