1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Database Queries on the Web

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by msomohano, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. msomohano

msomohano Thread Starter

it's regarding the post i left a little while ago about frontpage. I've sorted what i have to do and came up with this:

I need a Visual Basic macro that will create a query and turn it into a query/table so that i can access it from my webpage. The accesing part i've already figure out. but it only reads one table from a specific database. The sorting will have to be done in he macro.

If anybody has any iidea of how to deal with this please contact me. it is very important. deadline due soon. Appreciate all the help i could get.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You should then reply to your own question instead of creating a new one.

1. Create a query from what data?
    2. Turn it into what kind of query/table?
    3. What kind of web page? Front Page, which doesn't DO that kind of thing--at least not to my knowledge.

Macros don't run on the web.
    VBScript and ASP do.

When asking questions provide all program names and versions, file types, environments, etc. Your question is just too vague, especially if you're in a hurry.

Why don't you give us a link to something similar to what you're trying to create?

Help us help you.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Here's your original question, which I've deleted as a separate post.

Frontpage builds websites. It does not interact with other programs per se. The only Frontpage code that exists is the code you use to create the website, and NOT code that runs in an active website. Maybe that'll help clarify for you.

Databases on the web are really only back ends. All front ends on the web are created using ASP or PHP using Access or MySQL databases. ASP/PHP are also used to write the queries.

Forget Excel on the web, it's just a view you want to provide, right?

ASP/PHP programming can cost you a bit of money; I've heard about $100/hour for a decent programmer.

Also, whether you need ASP or PHP depends on the server being used at your web. Do you know? Windows servers use ASP; Unix servers use PHP.

Feel free to ask me any more questions, but I hope you seen now why I didn't answer last time. I just didn't have the time.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Also, VB is not VBA and you should differentiate, please.

I've changed the title of your Q.
    I've moved it to the development forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice