1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Date and Time Keeps Changing, Invalid Security Certifficate For All Sites...

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by NuclearCroissant, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuclearCroissant

NuclearCroissant Thread Starter

Hello,

I've encountered a minor problem with my computer that started happening a few weeks ago. The date and time kept reverting to weird dates years back, and always to early times like 3 AM. Of course I thought nothing of it, changing it back to the correct time while also running several virus scans, all of which came up clean. Within a day or two however, it would always change back to its own date and time. Only very recently did I search for a solution to this, which was to uncheck syncing to the windows website or some other. Didn't change a thing.

As well as this, I've experienced a more severe problem that first happened a week ago. Upon opening my browser I was greeted with the message that Firefox doesn't recognize the security certificate...of Google. I soon found out that it didn't recognize the security certificate of any website at all. Ran a Malwarebytes scan. Clean. Ran an Avast scan. Clean. Super Anti Spyware scan, removed all the offending cookies. Yet the problem persists. At one point my taskbar changed to a Windows Classic style, and I have no idea why. As you can see, I'm pretty sure I have some sort of stealthy virus, but I could be wrong.

Here is the Hijack This log:

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice