Date & Time Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

anthonyb

Hello --

I am running Windows XP and recently started having a problem with the date & time.

If I shut the computer down for a short period of time everything comes back fine. However, after shutting things down for more than a few hours, the date and time revert back to the same date time of June 3, 2003. I am able to reset the date and time while online, but encounter the same problem each time after shutting down for more than a few hours.

I was going to change the battery, but thought I would check here first, in case anyone has encountered such a problem and knows a solutuin.

Thank you

Sounds like a nearly dead CMOS battery to me. I'd go ahead and replace it. Be gentle with the holder, some of them break easily.

Jerry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online