1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Date & Time stamp

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Mabelis, Dec 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mabelis

Mabelis Thread Starter

When I take a picture with my Android phone, the date and time when the picture was taken is recorded, in the filename as well as in the JPG picture-file itself; all very convenient. To my horror I noticed that my phone reacts in an idiotic way to the GSM connection being lost: the date of the picture is 'reset' to, apparently, the date the device was manufactured. Subsequent pictures apparently start counting from there. This completely messes up the chronology of my pictures: all pics taken with no GSM connection end up with date/times on the same day, years ago.
    I completely fail to understand why this is so and would like to know if this behaviour is particular to my device or if others experienced the same thing. Is it a bug or a feature?
    I experimented with various methods to set the time: manual, from GSM-network or from GPS. I would have thought that using manual or GPS would remedy things, but it didn't. (Although it had some effect on Daylight Saving Time issues, but that's another story.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1161774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice