date & time won't stay set on laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bocachicatammy

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC operating on Vista,About 4 yrs old. I have to set the date & time everyday. I don't have any idea how to fix...can anyone help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1013 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 144302 MB, Free - 103070 MB; D: Total - 8322 MB, Free - 1454 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30BB, 66.3D, None
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Even laptops have BIOS batteries, sounds like yours is dying. The are usually no easily accessible but if you want to completely disassemble your laptop you can replace it.

The are usually no easily accessible but if you want to completely disassemble your laptop you can replace it.
Completely disassemble the laptop??? what rubbish! the BIOS batteries are, more often than not, just under the keyboard and are easy to get to, you just have to remove the keyboard.

was hoping it would be something I could do myself. :(
It is something you can do yourself, what is the HP Pavillion model number for that laptop?
on some of the Pavillion laptops the RTC/BIOS battery is inside the HDD bay

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online