Date & Time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jcapstick

I have a Centrios DSC-424
It doesn't show the Date & Time on the Picture when I download it to the Computer.
How do I fix this? :confused:

Is the camera meant to show it on the image?

Very few digital cameras will do this, perhaps a few Kodak models that I am aware of.

As the date and time are on the file attributes itself, and if the camera supports Exif then they are contained in the file information, there is usually no demand for the picture to be "stamped" with the date and time. Hence it is not a facility that is widely offered.

Does the manual suggest that this model will do it?

Jcapstick

I asumed it would show the date on the Image when it is programmed into the Camera
I purchased it from Radio Shack, I contacted support with my problem, a guy called with poor English wanting to know what kind of Camera I had, He needed more help than I did!! Put me on hold, than I hungup

Jcapstick

CENTRIOS™ DSC-424 4MP DIGITAL CAMERA
This camera is loaded with features to capture brilliant shots. Features a 4.1 MegaPixel CCD–takes up to 6.2MP images. Preview your shots using the 1.6" TFT LCD screen... even capture movie clips using MPEG-4 movie recording function with sound. Digital zoom: Up to 4x. Internal memory: 16MB. Storage media: SD/MMC. Image sensor: CCD. Video/audio clip: Up to 30 fps @ QVGA. Self timer: 2/10 sec. Flash range: 4-6 feet. Manual setting: auto/force on/force off/slow sync. Compatibility: Windows '98SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac 9.1 and above. USB output: B type mini USB 2.0 full-speed. Video output: NTSC/PAL. Battery type: AAA alkaline. Multiple language support: English, French, German, Spanish and more. 251-8126

I don’t see anything in those specs that would indicate it will print a date on a picture. As kiwiguy says, it isn’t a common feature in digital cameras.

The date and time are recorded in the EXIF data that downloads with the image. Unless you do something to strip the EXIF from the image it is always available to you.

If you really want the date on the photo this is free: http://jdatestamp.sourceforge.net/ There are programs that will do it without a command line but I don’t know of any that are free. Maybe someone else knows of one.

Actually printing the date and time (time stamp) on the photos is a common feature of digital cameras.

You should have a setup mode somewhere on the camera.
Once you enter setup there should be 2/3 options - like Basic, Custom1, etc.

It is here where you can format, change the lcd brightness, language etc. and turn on/off and set the date/time stamp.

Maybe I just have uncommon cameras, but of my 4 digital cameras none will print the date and time on the picture. It has been discussed many times over at Steve’s and most people say their cameras won’t do that.

Now that's weird - maybe I've got the odd-off cameras!
1 Vivitar, 1 HP, and 1 Canon (and not the expensive ones either) and they all can set the date/time to show on the photos.

My Olympus C3000 does not print the date on the photos and I don't know anyone with a digital that does. Of course my camera is 3yrs. old so probably outdated by now.

I have a Fuji FinePix A210, and it has Fine Pix Viewer to view photos. When I download pics to my computer and want the dates on them, I go to Image and click on Clip/Insert Text, then click the Insert Text tab on top, and the date is toward the bottom. Just click Date & Time and presto! I have to do this for each photo that I want the time to show on.

CouchMaster said:
Bravo - I knew that camera would show the time & date!
Showing the date in details view isn’t the same thing as imprinting it directly on the picture. Actually the Radio Shack guy doesn’t seem to know much or was just brushing Jcapstick off. Any time the image is modified the date and time change in the details view. It is the same for any file on the computer. If showing the time and date in details view is what you are referring to then I agree any device that puts a file on the computer does that.

The camera probably saves EXIF data and that keeps the original date and time regardless of image modifications unless you strip the EXIF.

acraftylady said:
My Olympus C3000 does not print the date on the photos and I don't know anyone with a digital that does. Of course my camera is 3yrs. old so probably outdated by now.
My Nikon Coolpix 3100 will print the date on each picture but I turned it off because I do not need to have it there. I have all the data on the images from the EXIF.

Darn now that I want to find something I don't where to look. But some where in one of my image pro there was something on saving the images showing the date it was first made or the new date. :confused: Maybe it was on converting images or some but I know it shows a box and you have option on the date so you can keep the file date or use the new date for the time you made the change.

If I can find it and remember I will post back about it because now my mind is blank. :D

OK I found it. I did not go pass the save-as to to the next window you see here. I have seen this I guess a 100,000 times and this is Photo-Brush.

http://www.mediachance.com/pbrush/

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online