1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dates in Excel 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by puterputter, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puterputter

puterputter Thread Starter

I am trying to change some dates in a column in excel 2007. I want the date to read the month and year but the year that I need is 2007 and the cell wants to automatically change to 2008. How can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks for the help
    puterputter

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Previously were you just typing in the day and month? If so it probably pulled in the year for you automatically. You might try doing a Find/Replace to find all of the 2008s and replace them with 2007s.

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

How is the column formatted? Do the cells actually contain the date, or are they calculated?

4. puterputter

puterputter Thread Starter

I did the find and replace and it corrected my issue. Thanks for the assistance

5. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Could you mark your post as solved via the "Thread tools" drop-down list at the top of the post?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/678366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice